Kadokawa Games held a presentation in Japan earlier this week to show off some of its upcoming games. Unsurprisingly, Rodea: The Sky Soldier was featured at the event, and a few more details were shared.
Back when the title was first announced, Kadokawa confirmed that Takumi Miyajima (who has been involved with the Tales series) created the world and story. That hasn’t changed, and we also know that the scenario is from Yoichi Kato of Youkai Watch fame.
As previously mentioned, Rodea has lost his memory at the beginning of the game. The story revolves around the idea that he slowly regains it. Ion will act as a support heroine.
The Eyes of Bayonetta 2 art book will be available in Japan on December 20. Check out the cover above.
The well-known factory defective Samus amiibo – the figure with two arm canons – is going for quite the price on eBay. There’s still over three days remaining before the auction ends, but bids have already reached $900. Getting a defective amiibo ended up working well for the owner, it seems!
Capcom has released a new update for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in Japan. Version 1.2 mainly tackles issues with illegal guild quests.
Players can still play locally or offline without the latest update. However, DLC and Internet play will force the patch.
Nintendo is pulling two Tetris games from the European 3DS eShop at the very end of this year. You have until December 31 to purchase the 3DS retail game Tetris as well as the classic Virtual Console release.
It’s unclear why the Tetris titles are being removed at this time. As far as we know, there are no similar plans for North America.
Thanks to Simonsskidor for the tip.
amiibos aren’t just for games, guys. They hold some extra abilities as well. Take the Samus amiibo, for instance, which apparently opens the Moscow Metro ticket gate.
I’m playing around a bit here, but it does in fact look like the Samus amiibo worked in this situation. Reddit user “edkisin” posted the photo above and just posted the Vine clip below an hour or so ago to back up his claim. Looks pretty legitimate to me!
Another round of Etrian Odyssey and Mystery Dungeon details have popped up from this week’s Famitsu. View the information below.
– Has classes from all of the mainline series games
– These include medic, protector, hexer from the first game, gunner from the second game, ninja, prince/princess from the third game, and landsknecht, dancer, runemaster from the fourth
– Each class receives a male and female representative
– 4 different alternative colors for each
– Some alternate colors are brand new, while others are references to other Etrian classes and even other Atlus characters
– Jack Frost gunner receives a Moh Shuvuu alt
– Status screen is like the one from main Etrian Odyssey Games
– Can have five core stats, an attack and defense indicator, and four slots for armor
– Skill progression appears to be identical to the type in Etrian Odyssey IV
– There are tiers of skills that can unlock after reaching a level threshold
– Characters visibly change depending on the weapon they’re holding
– A carnival ringleader-themed dark hunter named Risley will offer items within the dungeons