Media Create sales (6/20/16 – 6/26/16)
Posted on 1 hour ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS, News, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
The latest Japanese hardware sales from Media Create are as follows:
PS4 – 22,715
New 3DS LL – 18,836
Vita – 11,986
Wii U – 4,358
New 3DS – 3,208
PS3 – 1,141
3DS – 707
3DS LL – 146
Xbox One – 70
For comparison’s sake, here are the hardware numbers from last week:
PS4 – 20,214
New 3DS LL – 18,835
Vita – 11,413
Wii U – 3,870
New 3DS – 2,583
PS3 – 1,061
3DS – 741
3DS LL – 120
Xbox One – 58
And here are the software charts:
1. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns – 100,319 / NEW
2. [PSV] Caligula – 31,243 / NEW
3. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition – 22,589 / NEW
4. [WIU] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – 18,276 / NEW
5. [PSV] Refrain no Chika Meikyuu to Majo no Ryodan – 17,573 / NEW
6. [3DS] Ace Attorney 6 – 11,803 / 233,922
7. [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure – 11,695 / 44,064
8. [PS4] Resident Evil: Umbrella Code – 9,095 / NEW
9. [PSV] Dragon Quest Heroes II – 8,598 / 201,937
10. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot – 8,485 / 330,346
11. [PS4] Overwatch – 7,241 / 104,378
12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition – 6,200 / 805,070
13. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II – 5,156 / 259,001
14. [WIU] Splatoon – 4,815 / 1,393,400
15. [WIU] Super Mario Maker – 4,504 / 900,619
16. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes II – 4,150 / 113,461
17. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – 4,071 / 178,474
18. [PSV] Chou Ezaru wa Akai Hana: Koi wa Tsuki ni Shirube Kareru – 3,785 / NEW
19. [3DS] Yo-kai Sangokushi – 3,267 / 545,019
20. [PS4] The Walking Dead – 3,184 / NEW
More LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Wii U footage
Posted on 2 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Additional footage has been posted for the Wii U version of LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Check out the latest gameplay below – note that this will likely be the last video we share for the game.
Details from Nintendo’s 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Posted on 13 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, Mobile, News, NX, Wii U | 161 Comments | 0 Likes
Update: All finished! You can get caught up on the full recap below.
Nintendo’s 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is about to begin. NStyles appears to be in attendance and Cheesemeister will be translating, so we should be getting information from the event as it happens.
The meeting will kick off at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT. We’ll start posting tidbits around then.
– A Mario towel, Pikachu cookies, and room-temperature green tea given to attendees
– From left: Umeyama, Mitamura, Ueda, Mizutani, Shigeyuki Takahashi, Kimishima, Takeda, Miyamoto, Shinya Takahashi, Yamato, Tanaka
– 20 minutes before it began, the seats were about 30% filled (can hold 1,000); up to 60% around 10 minutes before start time
– About to start; all of the directors have entered
– Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima greets the audience
– Auditor Minoru Ueda makes a report
– The 76th annual report is not being read by president Kimishima, but rather a recorded narration is being played with slides
– There were no big 3DS hit titles, so sales were low
– Splatoon, Mario Maker, Twilight Princess HD did well
– amiibo hit 24.7 million units
– Download sales totaled 43.9 billion yen
– Miitomo got off to a good start
– Operating income recovered, but losses due to the strong yen reduced ordinary and net income
– Assets: 1 trillion, 296.9 billion yen; net assets minus liabilities equal 1 trillion, 160.9 billion yen, down 6.6b yen from last
– Issues to address. Up to now, the goal has been to expand the gaming population irregardless of age, gender, or experience. Now, the focus is to increase the population exposed to Nintendo IPs.
– Pokemon Sun/Moon 3DS due out worldwide in November, with many other Nintendo, strong 3rd-party titles to be released
– The aim with 3DS is to make the platform active again
– NX reconfirmed for worldwide launch in March 2017; the dedicated game machine business will continue to be core
– amiibo and download businesses will continue to receive focus
– Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing come to smart devices this fall
– Focusing on My Nintendo, we want to create synergy between the dedicated game machine and smart device businesses
– Nintendo IP will be used in theme parks, character goods, and film contents
– Nintendo said the Wii U would continue to fight on, but only Zelda is coming next year
– The resolutions that were voted upon are explained (these can be found online already)
– There are 6 resolutions this year
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE devs on adapting for the west, Atlus localization, Japanese-only voices
Posted on 15 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 34 Comments | 0 Likes
Before Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE landed in the states, GameSpot caught up with Atlus producer Shinjiro Takata and Nintendo designer Hitoshi Yamagami. The two talked about topics such as localization – including Atlus handling the game and keeping the voices in Japanese – as well as what made Nintendo and Wii U a good fit for the project.
Head past the break for some of Takata and Yamagami’s responses. GameSpot’s full interview can be read here.
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Wii U footage
Posted on 18 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
A few minutes of LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is in specifically showing the game on Wii U. Check it out below.
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Han and Chewie character vignette
Posted on 22 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
With LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens launching today, Warner Bros. has prepared one final character vignette. Today’s video highlights Han Solo, the captain of the legendary Millennium Falcon, and Chewbacca, his loyal friend/co-pilot. Actor Harrison Ford also provided voice work just for the game.
Here’s the new video:
Hyrule Warriors / Legends – Link’s Awakening Pack also out in North America on Thursday
It’s hardly a surprise, but the Link’s Awakening Pack in Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends is now confirmed for June 30 as well. The DLC was previously announced for the same day in Europe and Japan a few days ago.
For those that missed it, here’s the Link’s Awakening Pack trailer:
More LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Additional LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage has been posted online. Before the game launches tomorrow, get another look at it below.
Video: A look at all 200+ characters in LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 3 Comments | 0 Likes
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens has a massive roster. Between the main characters, plus secret and unlockable ones, there are over 200 in the game. Game Informer shows them all in the video below.
Another look at Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s E3 buzz
Data analytics company Fancensus has offered further insight into E3 buzz with a new video sent out today. It reinforces the success that Zelda: Breath of the Wild experienced having been the most talked about game on Twitter, the most website coverage received, and most front page website placement. Aside from Zelda, Nintendo was one of the most viewed YouTube channels.
Here’s the full recap from Fancensus: