Super Mario Maker – Nintendo World Championships 2017 course footage
The special course designed for the Nintendo World Championships 2017 was added to Super Mario Maker earlier today. Check out some footage below.
Nintendo World Championships 2017 course now available in Super Mario Maker
It’s been awhile since Super Mario Maker last received some new content. But earlier today, the course from the Nintendo World Championships was added. If you’re interested in taking on that level for yourself, you now have the opportunity to do so.
Wii U maintenance taking place tonight / tomorrow
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo has added in some last-minute maintenance to its schedule for today. Wii U online will be impacted for a couple of hours tonight / tomorrow.
Here’s the schedule:
– 6 PM PT (October 16) – 8:30 PM PT (October 16)
– 9 PM ET (October 16) – 11:30 PM ET (October 16)
– 12 AM in the UK (October 17) – 4:30 AM in the UK (October 17)
– 5 AM in Europe (October 17) – 5:30 AM in Europe (October 17)
UK software sales (Week ending 10/14/2017) – Switch/Wii U/3DS charts
Posted on 1 day ago by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in 3DS, News, Switch, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
This week’s Switch/ Wii U/3DS-specific UK software sales are as follows:
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo
3. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
4. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition – Ubisoft
5. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle – Ubisoft
6. Lego Worlds – Warner Bros. Interactive
7. Splatoon 2 – Nintendo
8. Pokken Tournament – Nintendo
9. 1-2-Switch – Nintendo
10. Sine Mora EX – THQ Nordic
1. Super Mario 3D World – Nintendo
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo
3. Minecraft: Wii U Edition – Nintendo
4. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – Nintendo
5. Mario Party 10 – Nintendo
6. New Super Bros. U + Super Luigi U – Nintendo
7. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – Nintendo
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – Nintendo
9. Mario Kart 8 – Nintendo
10. Just Dance 2017 – Ubisoft
1. Miitopia – Nintendo
2. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions – Nintendo
3. Layton’s Mystery Journey – Nintendo
4. Super Mario 3D Land – Nintendo
5. Luigi’s Mansion 2 – Nintendo
6. Mario Kart 7 – Nintendo
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 – Nintendo
8. Tomodachi Life – Nintendo
9. Kirby: Triple Deluxe- Nintendo
10. Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns – Nintendo
Pre-order updates (10/15/17)
Zelda: Breath of the Wild devs on why Hero’s Path Mode was added as DLC, timeline, more
Posted on 3 days ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch, Wii U | 58 Comments | 0 Likes
Back during the summer, French website Jeuxvideo interviewed Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma. Although it had some interesting comments, the discussion largely went unnoticed. We decided to follow up with a full translation since we felt that it was a pretty worthwhile interview.
Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma and art director Satoru Takizawa were the participants this time around. The two were asked about the game’s difficulty in relation to The Master Trials, why Hero’s Path Mode wasn’t in place originally and was instead added as DLC, timeline talk, and even the possibility of Zelda II remake – plus more.
Continue on below for our full translation.
Switch / Wii U / 3DS maintenance scheduled for tonight / tomorrow
Nintendo has updated its maintenance schedule once again. Tonight / tomorrow, Switch, Wii U, and 3DS will be impacted. Online play may be unavailable during the maintenance window.
The schedule is as follows:
– 5:50 PM PT (October 12) – 9 PM PT (October 12)
– 8:50 PM ET (October 12) – 12 AM ET (October 13)
– 1:50 AM in the UK (October 13) – 5 AM in the UK (October 13)
– 2:50 AM in Europe (October 13) – 6 AM in Europe (October 13)
Media Create sales (10/2/17 – 10/8/17)
The latest Japanese hardware sales from Media Create are as follows:
Switch – 38,204
PS4 – 16,680
New 2DS LL – 12,658
New 3DS LL – 8,534
PS4 Pro – 5,869
Vita – 3,545
2DS – 1,594
New 3DS – 265
Xbox One – 186
PS3 – 72
Wii U – 45
For comparison’s sake, here are the hardware numbers from last week:
Switch – 73,231
PS4 – 22,822
New 3DS LL – 9,915
New 2DS LL – 8,359
PS4 Pro – 6,547
Vita – 3,732
2DS – 1,655
New 3DS – 392
Xbox One – 71
Wii U – 68
PS3 – 64
And here are the software charts:
Zelda: Breath of the Wild Switch item distribution (10/11/17)
Nintendo has kept up with its weekly tradition of distributing items for Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Switch. If you’ve subscribed to the official news channel, a new message should be appearing.
Director Hidemaro Fujibayashi once again behind the message. He’s here to help you out with a tip about rusty weapons. When you start Breath of the Wild from the news message, you’ll receive a Rusty Broadsword upon starting the game.
Source: Switch news
Nintendo on learning from Wii U’s mistakes with Switch, listening to fans
Leading up to the launch of Switch, we often heard about how Nintendo was trying to learn from its mistakes during the Wii U era and applying that knowledge for its new console. With the system having been available for several months, Nintendo of America senior product marketing manager Bill Trinen and Nintendo of America senior VP of sales and marketing Doug Bowser reflected on this subject once again.
Trinen fist weighed in on one important aspect Nintendo addressed: the system menu. Whereas Wii U took quite a while to start up and load a game, Switch is lighting fast in comparison.