Fire Emblem Heroes – log-in bonus and special quests live as Fire Emblem Echoes tie-in
Posted 1 week ago by Brian in Mobile, News | 4 Comments
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia has nearly launched in Japan. To celebrate, all Fire Emblem Heroes players can take advantage of a log-in bonus of five Orbs while logging in until the early hours of May 8.
Special quests are also planned for the same period. By clearing them, you can earn one or more of the Pegasus Sisters who appear in Fire Emblem Echoes.
Pegasus Sisters are as follows:
ARMS – Nintendo gives a proper introduction for Mechanica
Posted 1 week ago by Brian in News, Switch | 15 Comments
The official Japanese ARMS Twitter account is back with another update on the upcoming Switch game. New messages shared today give more insight into Mechanica.
Mechanica, otherwise known as “Rocket Girl”, works at the “Scrap Yard” factory. She’s a mechanical design engineering prodigy, and has dreamed of participating in the ARMS Grand Prix ever since she was a child. Although she can’t directly use ARMS, she’s able to do so through an exoskeleton that she herself created.
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura – HD Rumble, eShop title, features Asuka only, more
Posted 1 week ago by Brian in News, Switch eShop | 8 Comments
This week’s issue of Famitsu features an interview with Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki. In it, Takai talks a bit about Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura, which was announced for Switch last week.
Here’s a recap of what Takai shared with Famitsu, courtesy of Gematsu:
– HD Rumble is a particularly fascinating feature of Nintendo Switch
– I expect that we’ll be able to do various things that we couldn’t do with the rumble function before
– As for what kind of things we’ll be able to do in Shinobi Refle using HD rumble, right now I’ll leave that to your imagination
– We’re basically aiming for a pure and wholesome Senran Kagura, and our main objective is to convey the feelings of the characters through HD rumble
– The story will be charmingly stupid
– You’ll be able to enjoy a different story than before
– As an affordably priced, download-only game, this is a concept title based on HD Rumble
– Asuka will be the only character to appear
– Asuka’s graphics are being rebuilt from the ground up
– I want to beautifully express the portrayal of light despite its anime style
– We’re considering making use of Switch features other than HD rumble
– Switch is considerably easy to develop for
– Other titles being considered that use Switch’s features
Miitomo has been updated with new content. Players can nab the latest items in the Miitomo Drop stage, “An unpredictable experience! Exploration Adventures #1”.
Available items include:
– Explorer’s hat
– Junior explorer outfit
– Lion hood
– Lion costume
Users can select Miitomo Drop stages from the Shop tab. Miitomo coins or game tickets are needed to play.
First look at the Japanese Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star special edition
Posted 1 week ago by Brian in Images, Switch | 8 Comments
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star was revealed for Switch last week. In Japan, Marvelous is preparing a special version of the game.
A first look at the Japanese Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Limited Box was provided on the game’s official website today. In addition to a copy of the game, a special box designed by Aruko Wada and travel pouch are included.
New amiibo pre-orders live on Amazon Canada
Posted 1 week ago by Brian in General Nintendo, News | 5 Comments
Fire hopping appears to be gone in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Posted 1 week ago by Brian in News, Switch | 22 Comments
Fire hopping was pretty prevalent in Mario Kart 8 on Wii U. Basically, the technique allowed players to extend mini turbos. The underlying idea is to hop in alternating directions during the turbo.
With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe nearly here, you might be wondering if fire hopping has returned. GameXplain tested things out, and based on what they’ve seen, it looks like the technique is gone. We don’t have an absolutely definitive answer, but this appears to be the answer right now.
More: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment arrives on Wii U this Friday, 3DS next Tuesday in North America
Posted 1 week ago by Brian in 3DS, News, Wii U | 0 comments
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment has been out on Switch since the system launched at the start of March. However, Wii U and 3DS will soon be receiving the expansion as well.
Specter of Torment is set to release as a free update to Shovel Knight this Friday on Wii U in North America. 3DS will follow next Tuesday.
Darkness looms! Specter of Torment will arrive as a free update to Shovel Knight on the North American eShop
Wii U-April 21st
3DS-April 25th pic.twitter.com/rMyq4vD397
— Yacht Club Games (@YachtClubGames) April 19, 2017