Nintendo again comments on impact of coronavirus, including development and releases
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch | 0 comments
Earlier today, Nintendo published its annual report for 2020. One section delves into the coronavirus and again touches on how the company has been impacted, including development schedules and release of products.
It reads in full:
F-Zero Twitter account rumored to be tied to Nintendo debunked as unofficial
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
A couple of Twitter accounts started to spread online last week after some fans believed they could be connected to Nintendo. By using the social media’s password recovery feature, the possibility was raised that handles for @FZeroJP may have been registered by the company. The email address was never shown, but certain letters and the amount of characters suggested that the email domain could have been associated with nintendo.co.jp. Unfortunately though, that wasn’t the case.
The FZeroJP account has now tweeted, and while we won’t share the post here, it clearly indicates that it has no ties to Nintendo. And though this will be disappointing for fans of the series, we didn’t have to wait long to receive clarification that the username is not official.
SuperMario35th is the other Twitter account that was heavily discussed last week. It still doesn’t have any messages associated with it, but there’s definitely a chance that this username is unofficial as well.
More: F-Zero
Nintendo says details about the next Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase “will be revealed in the future”
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
The Nintendo Direct format has been going on for many years at this point, but Nintendo did something today that we haven’t really seen before. An entire Nintendo Direct Mini was dedicated to third-parties, and the announcement was made just a few hours before the presentation aired. We’ve seen indie-focused presentations before, but this was something entirely different.
For those that had any doubt, the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase format will continue in the future. Nintendo says it will more details about the next broadcast “will be revealed in the future.” Additional broadcasts will follow later in 2020.
More: Nintendo Direct
Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for July 20
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch | 0 comments
A new Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase will air on July 20, Nintendo has just announced. This new series is “focused on titles from our development and publishing partners”. Tomorrow’s presentation will cover “a few updates on a small group of previously-announced Nintendo Switch games.”
The Nintendo Direct will air at the following times:
More: Nintendo Direct, top
Nagoshi on SEGA making games for GameCube, was surprised by Nintendo’s unity
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
Just like Nintendo, SEGA used to produce its own consoles. But after the disappointing performance of the Dreamcast, the company pulled out of the hardware market. It then became a third-party publisher, and was forced to work with Nintendo – something that was unheard of previously due to the rivalry between the two sides.
As part of an interview with Otaquest, SEGA chief creative officer Toshihiro Nagoshi spoke about what it was like creating titles for the GameCube after the company moved on from the console business. Nagoshi told the site that he initially decided to meet with various people from Nintendo, including late president Hiroshi Yamauchi. He was shocked by those conversations as Nagoshi “never encountered a company where everyone held the same stance and desires and worked together in unity”. This was in high contrast to SEGA, since “it was guaranteed to get at least one differing answer”.
Nagoshi’s full words:
More: interview, SEGA, Toshihiro Nagoshi
Super Nintendo World – new opening timing to be announced around the fall
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
The opening timing for Super Nintendo World will be announced around the fall, Universal Studios has confirmed.
Plans to open the theme park alongside the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo were officially delayed late last month. In light of the coronavirus pandemic, it was simply impossible to make Super Nintendo World available to the public. This year’s Olympics were previously delayed to 2021.
Super Nintendo World will initially debut in Japan. However, it will open at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Singapore later on.
More: Super Nintendo World
My Nintendo adds Paper Mario: The Origami King wallpapers in North America
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
Another couple of Paper Mario: The Origami King-themed rewards have been added to My Nintendo. A pair of wallpapers are available, which are based on different areas in the game.
You can nab these rewards on My Nintendo here for 50 Platinum Points each. As a reminder, the July calendar is there as well, though we’re starting to get towards the end of the month.
Sonic Team boss says SEGA wants to take “good care” of both 2D and 3D Sonic
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
Sonic the Hedgehog has two very different types of gameplay styles. There’s the classic 2D titles that have been around since the franchise’s early days, but a bunch of 3D entries have also been put out over the years. Fortunately, both versions of Sonic will be considered carefully going forward.
During a recent interview with Otaquest, Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka was asked if the popularity of Sonic Mania has affected the way in which the studio approaches the handling of the franchise. Iizuka said in response:
More: interview, SEGA, Sonic the Hedgehog, Takashi Tezuka
Nintendo Minute – “Nintendo Fashion Show Challenge”
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, Videos | 0 comments
This week’s episode of Nintendo Minute has gone live. In today’s video, Kit and Krysta show off some Nintendo clothes and put their fashion skills to the test with outfit challenges. Check out the full episode below.
More: Nintendo Minute
Eevee, Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon Funko Pops on the way, plus 18-inch Pikachu
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
Retailer listings have revealed a new set of Pokemon Funko Pops. Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon are getting their own figures.
Pre-orders are currently up on Amazon here and GameStop here. They’re listed for $10.99 and $11.99 respectively.
We’ll also note that an 18-inch Pikachu Funko Pop is happening as well. GameStop has it up on its website here for a whopping $99.99.