Nintendo Minute – Skylanders Trap Team
PDP bringing out more GameCube-style controllers for Wii U/Wii
PDP has another four “Fight Pad” controllers planned for Wii U.
The new variations include Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, and Wario themes. Each is given a tentative February 20 release date by Canadian retailer Video Games Plus. They’re all priced at $25.
Mario, Yoshi, and Princess Peach PDP Fight Pads are the first wave of controllers from PDP.
The Voice out today, launch trailer
Just Dance 2015 launch trailer
Media Create software sales (10/6 – 10/12) – Top 50
This week’s expanded Japanese software sales are as follows:
01./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate #
02./01. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
03./03. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke
04./02. [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX #
05./00. [PS4] FIFA 15 #
06./00. [PS3] FIFA 15 #
07./00. [PS4] Driveclub
08./05. [PSV] DanganRonpa: Another Episode
09./13. [3DS] Nazotoki Battle Tore! Densetsu no Makyuu o Fukkatsu Saseyo!
10./06. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II #
11./07. [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II #
12./00. [PSV] FIFA 15
13./04. [3DS] Kinki no Magna
14./10. [PS3] Destiny
15./15. [3DS] Dragon Quest X Online
16./16. [WIU] Mario Kart 8
17./22. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch
18./09. [PSV] Ar Nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star #
19./23. [3DS] Yoshi’s New Island
20./11. [WIU] Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven
The Voice screenshots
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Wii, Wii U, Wii U eShop | 0 comments | 0 Likes
September 2014 NPD: top 10 best-selling games in the U.S.
NPD Group has released a listing of the top ten best-selling games in the U.S. for the month of September 2014. The results can be found below.
- Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One)
- FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, Wii, Vita, 3DS)
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- NHL 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3)
- The Sims 4 (PC)
- Disney Infinity 2.0 (360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One)
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
You can find more details from this month’s NPD report over on GamesBeat.
Video shows Factor 5’s canned Wii project Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leaders
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii | 8 Comments | 0 Likes
IGN has shared a video that shows off Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leaders, Factor 5’s cancelled compilation for Wii. If you missed our original post, you can find plenty of information about the project here.
Media Create software sales (9/29 – 10/5) – Top 50
This week’s expanded Japanese software sales are as follows:
01./01. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
02./00. [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX #
03./04. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke
04./00. [3DS] Kinki no Magna
05./03. [PSV] DanganRonpa: Another Episode
06./02. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II #
07./05. [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II #
08./00. [PS4] Omega Quintet #
09./00. [PSV] Ar Nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star #
10./09. [PS3] Destiny
11./07. [WIU] Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven
12./00. [PSV] Ciel Nosurge Offline: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta #
13./00. [3DS] Nazotoki Battle Tore! Densetsu no Makyuu o Fukkatsu Saseyo!
14./06. [3DS] Haikyu!! Tsunage! Itadaki no Keshiki!! #
15./11. [3DS] Dragon Quest X Online
16./15. [WIU] Mario Kart 8
17./00. [PS3] F1 2014
18./08. [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin #
19./13. [PS4] Destiny #
20./12. [WIU] Bayonetta 2
Factor 5 had a Star Wars trilogy compilation finished for Wii, but was cancelled
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii | 16 Comments | 0 Likes
During the latest Nintendo Voice Chat episode, IGN spoke with Julian Eggebrecht, who was the president of the now-defunct development studio Factor 5. Eggebrecht revealed details about a cancelled Star Wars trilogy compilation for Wii – titled Rogue Leaders – that was actually finished.
Here’s what was shared:
– Factor 5 was originally working on a trilogy compilation for the first Xbox
– This would have contained Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
– Factor 5 was interested in Wii given the advances of motion tech thanks to Wii MotionPlus
– The team tried resurrecting its cancelled Star Wars trilogy from the first Xbox
– Making the game work on a modern console was only a matter of tweaking the already-existing systems in the half-finished game
“…we had our old trilogy project, which we had fifty percent done, which was basically putting Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike with new content, [along] with fixing some of the mistakes, redoing completely the cameras, and everything.”
– Factor 5 wanted the game to work with the GameCube controller and a few Wii peripherals
– The team “wanted to support every single control that you could imagine.”
– During flight sequences, you could have the Mario Kart wheel control your X-Wing together with the balance board to control the pedals
– There was space combat, speeder bike racing levels, third-person action sequences, and even lightsaber battles making the most of the Wii Motion Plus’ 1:1 controls
– New graphics engine allowed for 60 FPS with a high visual fidelity
“Believe me, if you ever saw it running on the Wii at 60 [fps], it is by far – and I think I’m not overstating that – the technically most impressive thing you would ever see on [Wii].”
– Wii trilogy was finished, but the project was shut down
– The cancellation was because of the financial crisis of 2008 and the fact that the team had taken it upon themselves to self-fund the project in order to claim a larger “piece of the pie” once it was distributed
– Two potential publishers also went bankrupt and LucasArts was having “their own financial woes”
– IGN says multiple companies stepped in to help out with publishing, but financial hardship, legal snafus, and budgetary restrictions ultimately led to the project’s final cancellation.
– Eggebrecht loves the Wii U, but its unpredictable trajectory and licensing troubles make it unlikely
“Maybe sooner or later a hardware spot will be hit again, and we certainly would love to talk to Disney about it. And of course, with J.J.’s [Abrams] comeback to kind of the traditional trilogy feel, I think there’s going to be a lot of commotion around that. I just don’t know if we will be a part of it or not.”