Dive: The Medes Island Secret review
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii | 13 Comments | 0 Likes
High Voltage Software lets go of 25 employees
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
This information comes from a High Voltage Software representative…
“I can confirm that High Voltage Software has reduced some of our staffing based on our current production requirements and predictions of what is needed for the remainder of 2010. We are sad to have to say goodbye to these employees and friends, but these changes are necessary to bring our organization to a healthy operational size.”
According to the High Voltage Software, 25 employees were let go from the company. At the moment, there are no plans to remove any additional staff members.
Nintendo Download (8/6, Europe)
– Sandy Beach (Konami, 500 Wii Points)
– Chess Challenge! (Digital Leisure Inc., 500 Nintendo Wii Points)
– Aero the Acrobat 2 (Sunsoft, Super Nintendo, 800 Wii Points)
– Link ‘n’ LaunchTM (Nintendo, 500 Nintendo DSi Points)
– Animal Puzzle Adventure (ARC SYSTEM WORKS, 500 Nintendo DSi Points)
– Chess Challenge! (Digital Leisure Inc, 500 Nintendo DSi Points)
SPACE RACES, SANDY PLACES, ANIMALS, CHESS AND CRIMINAL CHASES!
Summer’s here and the Nintendo DSi Shop and Wii Shop Channel have got a selection of scorchers on offer this week, available on Friday 6th August.
Whether you’re defending sandcastles from crafty crabs on a Sandy Beach, or flaunting your fighting technique in Aero the Acrobat 2, WiiWare & Virtual Console have got plenty to keep you occupied.
For Nintendo DSi enthusiasts, it’s puzzles galore. Whizz around space in Link ‘n’ LaunchTM, lose yourself in an animal world with Animal Puzzle Adventure, or perfect your chess moves and battle against friends in Chess Challenge!
Pokemon Black/White footage
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in DS, Videos | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Super Mario Galaxy 2 video shows off some crazy tricks and tips
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii | 3 Comments | 0 Likes
The video above showcases a plethora of tricks and shortcuts in Super Mario Galaxy 2 that will allow you to bypass certain areas in levels, making it easier to obtain a star. There are a few moves that aren’t too difficult to pull off, but overall, the footage is quite impressive!
First Zack and Ombra’s Amusement Park of Illusion scan
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in DS, News | 6 Comments | 0 Likes
Art Academy for Nintendo DS launches Oct. 25
Art Academy, which launches Oct. 25 at a suggested retail price of $19.99, provides everyone from beginners to experts with tools to create their own works of art plus simple tutorials to learn about color, shading, movement and perspective. The skills learned in Art Academy are transferable to real-life art materials outside of the Nintendo DS environment. Art Academy includes all 10 of the lessons and tools from both Art Academy: First Semester and Art Academy: Second Semester, which are available separately as Nintendo DSiWare downloads. Plus there are 10 Mini Lessons and more than 80 motifs that players can choose from to use as reference material when creating their art.
This picture, by Nintendo of America Inc. employee Krysta Yang, was created using Nintendo’s Art Academy software, a portable art course made exclusively for the Nintendo DS family of systems.
Source: Nintendo PR
Zack & Ombra’s Phantom Theme Park announced in Famitsu
– Comparable to Professor Layton
– Takes place on Delphino Island
– Festival occurs every 50 years on the island
– Zack (main character) comes to the island, takes part in the festivities
– Mysterious bipedal blob-like creature, the Ombra, has taken over the island, causing trouble for the residents
– Zack one of the few people who can see the Ombra
– Need to complete “pranks” in the game that the Ombra has put out on the island
– Need to find the Ombra, touch it with the stylus after you hear a claim from a resident, which will start a mini-game
– Two action-oriented mini-games shown in Famitsu
– One game: Use stylus to move crates around
– Second game: Tap Ombra with the stylus
– Over 180 mini-games
– Can choose difficulty level
– Voice acting for characters
– Studio 4°C doing animation
– Releasing October 28
– Konami game
– Some mini-games have you performing tasks within a time limit
– Directed by Junko Kawano (Suikoden)
– 4980 yen.
– Skilled magician
– Can make people happy
– The Ombra like him
– Comes to Delphino Island
– Staying with her grandparents
– Takes interest in Zack
– Elderly man
– Invited Zack to the festival
– Head hurts at the changes the Ombra have introduced
– Popular magician
– Works at a hotel resort on the island
– Zack’s rival
– Will meddle with Zack’s affairs
– Mysterious man
Thanks to Robert for the tip!
Rare: We’re attacking Wii Sports head on
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii | 11 Comments | 0 Likes
“In terms of the competition, we looked very carefully at Wii Sports. We didn’t shy away from it – we actually attack it head on, if I’m honest. We looked at Wii Sports and, okay, if we were going to do this better, how much further can we go with this and will the consumer see an obvious improvement?” – George Andrea, creative director at Rare
See, I really like when developers are honest about where their influence is coming from instead of beating around the push or calling something their own product. You heard it right from them: Rare is going straight for the top where Nintendo is sitting pretty, so best of luck to them in making a better game than Wii Sports!