Nintendo’s Hyper Japan Festival 2016 stage schedule
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News, Switch, Wii U | 2 Comments
Nintendo shared more details on its plans for Hyper Japan Festival 2016 yesterday. The company will have a bunch of playable games, activities, and more. Additionally, various games will be showcased on stage, including Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Nintendo now has a full schedule for its stage show lineup. Head past the break to see it in full.
E3 2016 Game Critics Awards – Zelda: Breath of the Wild wins “Best of Show”
Nintendo scored huge wins from the E3 2016 Game Critics Awards. Today, it was announced that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was chosen as “Best of Show”, beating out Battlefield 1, Dishonored 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Sea of Thieves, and Titanfall 2. The upcoming NX and Wii U title also won “Best Console Game” and “Best Action/Adventure Game”.
There was one other Nintendo-related winner as well. Skylanders Imaginators was voted on as “Best Family Game”.
The E3 2016 Game Critics Awards have been an annual tradition for well over a decade. Representatives from major global media outlets make up the lineup of judges, including GameSpot, Game Informer, TIME, and much more.
Denis Dyack on Shadow of the Eternals, working with Miyamoto/Iwata, NX excitement, more
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch | 4 Comments
Eternal Darkness creator Denis Dyack spoke with YouTube user SuperMetaldave64 in a new podcast published today. Dyack gave an update on the Shadow of the Eternals project, his experience working with Shigeru Miyamoto and Satoru Iwata, his excitement for NX, and more.
Here are a few excerpts:
On Shadow of the Eternals…
“There’s likely to be some announcements in the not-too-distant future. When we actually do it, I can’t say at this point, but I do think that there’s going to be a couple of shockers coming. I’m really looking forward to seeing what the responses are. We’re really excited. And remember as well, our company we’re not just doing games, so we’re pairing with television and film as well so it’ll be a myriad of things coming out on some of the things that we’re doing. It’s going to be very different.”
Nintendo’s 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders – official English transcript posted
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News, Switch, Wii U | 0 comments
We covered this pretty heavily last week, but the official English transcript for Nintendo’s 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is now live. You can read it in full here. There isn’t anything new compared to what we posted a few days ago, though it’s worth a read if you missed it the first time around!
Ubisoft CEO on supporting NX, shift in Wii U strategy
Ubisoft EMEA boss Alain Corre recently shared some words about the NX, stating that the console could “recapture a lot of the lapsed Wii players.” Yves Guillemot, CEO of the company, has since weighed in on the new platform as well.
When asked by Game Informer if Ubisoft will be present during NX’s launch window, Guillemot responded:
“You can expect we’ll support Nintendo. Nintendo is one of the best partners in the world.”
Zelda: Breath of the Wild second technical analysis
Digital Foundry is back with a second analysis on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Once again, the outlet takes a look at the tech behind Nintendo’s new game. See it in full below.
Satoru Shibata shares a message about Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Over on Nintendo of Spain’s YouTube page, Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata shared a brief message about The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. He spoke about his first impressions after playing the demo. Hear Shibata’s full message below.
Game Critics Awards – “Best of E3 2016” nominees announced
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch, Wii U | 4 Comments
Each year, titles shown at E3 are nominated for the Game Critics Awards. Judges consist of representatives from major global media outlets that cover the gaming business, including GameSpot, Game Informer, TIME, and much more.
As for this year’s nominees, Zelda: Breath of the Wild is included in a few categories. It’s being considered for “Best of Show”, “Best Console Game”, and “Best Action/Adventure Game”. LEGO Dimensions, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and Skylanders Imaginators also have a chance to win “Best Family Game”.
You can find the full lineup of categories and nominees here.
Road Redemption being reevaluated for Wii U in light of NX
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch, Wii U eShop | 9 Comments
It was announced today that Road Redemption has now sold over 100,000 copies. But in the same note, it was stated the team is reevaluating Wii U support “in light of the upcoming Nintendo NX.”
Road Redemption was confirmed for Wii U back in 2013. But earlier this year, DarkSeas cast doubt about an eShop release happening. The developer later said that it was “still actively pursuing Wii U development,” though today’s news makes the situation unclear once again.
Source: DarkSeas PR
Details from Nintendo’s 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, Mobile, News, Switch, Wii U | 178 Comments
Update: All finished! You can get caught up on the full recap below.
Nintendo’s 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is about to begin. NStyles appears to be in attendance and Cheesemeister will be translating, so we should be getting information from the event as it happens.
The meeting will kick off at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT. We’ll start posting tidbits around then.
– A Mario towel, Pikachu cookies, and room-temperature green tea given to attendees
– From left: Umeyama, Mitamura, Ueda, Mizutani, Shigeyuki Takahashi, Kimishima, Takeda, Miyamoto, Shinya Takahashi, Yamato, Tanaka
– 20 minutes before it began, the seats were about 30% filled (can hold 1,000); up to 60% around 10 minutes before start time
– About to start; all of the directors have entered
– Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima greets the audience
– Auditor Minoru Ueda makes a report
– The 76th annual report is not being read by president Kimishima, but rather a recorded narration is being played with slides
– There were no big 3DS hit titles, so sales were low
– Splatoon, Mario Maker, Twilight Princess HD did well
– amiibo hit 24.7 million units
– Download sales totaled 43.9 billion yen
– Miitomo got off to a good start
– Operating income recovered, but losses due to the strong yen reduced ordinary and net income
– Assets: 1 trillion, 296.9 billion yen; net assets minus liabilities equal 1 trillion, 160.9 billion yen, down 6.6b yen from last
– Issues to address. Up to now, the goal has been to expand the gaming population irregardless of age, gender, or experience. Now, the focus is to increase the population exposed to Nintendo IPs.
– Pokemon Sun/Moon 3DS due out worldwide in November, with many other Nintendo, strong 3rd-party titles to be released
– The aim with 3DS is to make the platform active again
– NX reconfirmed for worldwide launch in March 2017; the dedicated game machine business will continue to be core
– amiibo and download businesses will continue to receive focus
– Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing come to smart devices this fall
– Focusing on My Nintendo, we want to create synergy between the dedicated game machine and smart device businesses
– Nintendo IP will be used in theme parks, character goods, and film contents
– Nintendo said the Wii U would continue to fight on, but only Zelda is coming next year
– The resolutions that were voted upon are explained (these can be found online already)
– There are 6 resolutions this year