Rumor: Splatoon and Super Mario Maker NX ports a possibility, more Zelda and Smash Bros. talk
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Rumors, Switch | 100 Comments
Update: Going to leave this here rather than making a new post. NeoGAF’s 10k has posted more rumors about the NX (thanks Yolkghost). They’ve been verified by a moderator supposedly, but that doesn’t make them true necessarily. In any case, read the rumors here if you’re interested.
New tweets from Emily Rogers indicate that four Wii U ports are currently in development for NX. We’ve already heard plenty of speculation about the new Zelda as well as some talk about Smash Bros. However, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon could hit the new system, too. But Rogers cautions:
“Just because something is in development doesn’t mean it’ll be released. So either all four of these ports will come…or only two of them.”
Emily says that Zelda and Smash Bros. “sound like guarantees” after speaking “with at least 10 people regarding these four ports.” Splatoon is said to be “up in the air.”
Natsume on why Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories isn’t on 3DS, support for the system
The fourth portion of Natsume’s winter Q&A with fans was added to the company’s Tumblr page today. Natsume tackled topics about the 3DS (why no Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories, series and support for the system in general) and NX (not much to say currently). For the latest three questions and answers, head past the break.
Tribute Games also has some interest in bringing Flinthook to NX
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 0 comments
You may recall that we put up a post last week regarding Mercenary Kings on NX. In a Twitter interaction with a fan, Tribute Games showed some interest in making that happen.
Tribute Games co-founder Jean-Francois Major saw our post, and actually brought up another possibility. He told us that if the studio can be in a position to have a game out for NX at launch, the team will port over Flinthook.
@NinEverything here’s a better news story. If Nintendo gives us a slot to release a game at NX launch, we’ll have Flinthook on there!
— JF Major (@Jfmaj0r) April 3, 2016
We followed up with Major within the past few days, who said he and Tribute Games “still stand by our dreams of making games for Nintendo consoles.” That being said, it’s tough for them to commit to NX since such little information is floating around at the moment. However, he reiterated, “given the chance to release a NX launch title, I think we would jump at the occasion.”
Major added that, regarding Flinthook, Tribute Games is “still trying to figure out where the title will end up,” and nothing is set in stone. The team is “still shopping around for the best partner for the game.”
Zelda Wii U rumors: More talk of Wii U / NX release, play as a male / female, voice acting
Emily Rogers – who most recently revealed that a new Paper Mario was heading to Wii U prior to the announcement of Color Splash – has come forward with a new set of rumors about Zelda Wii U.
Today’s speculation consists of three parts. Rogers further backs up claims that the new Zelda will be on both Wii U and NX. Additionally, the game may allow players to choose between a male or female character, and most characters are voiced – aside from Link.
Here’s the full roundup of Rogers’ tweets:
Rumor #1: Yes, Zelda is coming to both Wii U and NX. I confirmed it with a ton of people. You can choose which one to get. Or get both.
— Emily Rogers (@ArcadeGirl64) April 8, 2016
Rumor #2: I heard from multiple sources that you can choose between a male or female as your playable character in Zelda.
— Emily Rogers (@ArcadeGirl64) April 8, 2016
Rumor #3: There is voice acting for most of the characters…except Link.
— Emily Rogers (@ArcadeGirl64) April 8, 2016
Like with all rumors, these bits should be taken with a grain of salt. It shouldn’t be too much longer until we hear about the new Zelda in an official capacity again, as E3 is coming up quick.
Tribute Games has interest in bringing Mercenary Kings to NX
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 9 Comments
Mercenary Kings, Tribute Games’ side-scrolling shoot ’em up, never made its way to Wii U. A port to the console was ruled out in September 2013, several months before the game came out.
Could Mercenary Kings end up on Nintendo’s next core system though? Tribute Games co-founder Jean-Francois Major expressed interest in the possibility when conversing with one fan on Twitter.
— JF Major (@Jfmaj0r) April 2, 2016
Major did tell us back in 2013 that as former Game Boy Advance developers, Tribute Games “would love to go back on Nintendo consoles at some point.” Maybe that could happen with NX.
Thanks to Dry Bone Koopa for the tip.
Person behind second NX “leak” shows how it was created
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 39 Comments
Last night, it became clear that rumors about NX’s controller having been leaked were inaccurate. The person behind the image ended up coming forward and revealed that he had created a fake photo.
There had been a second NX “leak”, but we knew that was fake as well given its the similarities to the original image. This person has now also shown how he made his version of the controller, which was actually a physical item. Check out the video below.
Thanks to alexinfurs for the tip.
Initial NX controller leak revealed as a fake by its creator
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 100 Comments
Speculation about the NX’s leaked controller is coming to an end.
Reddit user Idriss2Dev, who started the discussions last week, has now posting a video revealing that he came up with a fake product. He shows some of the steps that he went through in attempting to make a believable image. See the video below.
There was also a different “leak” yesterday from a separate user, perkele37. However, you would have to assume that it’s fake as well given their similarities. It’s unclear if perkele37 is the same person as Idriss2Dev, but I think we can dismiss the overall rumors about the NX’s controller at this point.
Rebellion CEO praises Nintendo, has no idea what NX is
Last week, Videogamer spoke with Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley to talk Nintendo, including the NX.
Regarding the company in general, Kingsley had only good things to say about the Big N. He told the site:
“Nintendo are brilliant. They’re a fabulous company and I love them. I always feel they’re quite eccentric. They come up with some incredible hardware. Even the Virtual Boy back in the day was really intriguing, and then the clamshell design of their handhelds. To be honest, I just don’t know [whether Rebellion will support NX]. The only way I can answer the question is, when we know what the machine is we’ll see and we’ll have a look. I’ve always loved Nintendo, I love their games and love their hardware.”
As for NX, Kingsley has no idea about what the system actually is at this point. He therefore can’t commit to or rule out support until more information has surfaced, though the door is being left open.
Rumor: NX to make Foxconn’s operations hot in second half of the year
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Rumors, Switch | 74 Comments
Some outlets have been reporting on Foxconn Technology’s Q1 earnings, such as Yahoo and MoneyDJ. It was already known that Foxconn is involved with NX, but a key takeaway from recent articles is that the system will be making the company’s operations “hot” in the second half of 2016. In other words, it sounds like Foxconn’s involvement with NX will really be picking up after June.
There is a language barrier since the original articles are in Chinese, unfortunately. Because of that, we’re marking this post as a rumor – even with what we’ve heard before pointing to a possible NX release this year.
Rumor: Nintendo funding Beyond Good & Evil 2, planned as an NX exclusive
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, Rumors, Switch | 121 Comments
Destructoid is reporting that Nintendo is funding Beyond Good & Evil 2. Better yet, the site claims that the game is planned as an NX exclusive for 2017. It would be a move similar to that of Bayonetta 2 on Wii U, which could help Nintendo generate goodwill with gamers by helping bring the much-desired sequel to its new platform as an exclusive.
Destructoid’s initial source originates from Alexander Maier, who recently posted a series of rumors about NX which I personally found rather dubious. However, the outlet “also reached out to a second source, who independently gave a number of the same bullet points regarding the future of Beyond Good and Evil. The number of points of crossover between these two sources suggests that this rumor, while not confirmed by Nintendo, may hold water.”
The new game may be currently carrying the working title “Beyond Good and Evil: The Prejudices of Philosophers”. This is said to be “a reference to a specific chapter in the philosophical text Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche, which details how morality can be altered by authority, and the ways black-and-white morality overlooks the larger complexity of the nature of morals.”
As with all rumors, we can’t stress enough that this report should be taken with a grain of salt. If it were to be accurate though, it’d be a very interesting move on Nintendo’s part.