– Textures, sounds, lightmaps and other memory hogs need to be compressed due to WiiWare’s size limit
– Developers trying to maintain consistency between WiiWare/PC versions
– Two control schemes:
1. Move hero with Wiimote
2. Move hero with nunchuck
– Devs trying to solve some technical issues with the WiiWare version
– Three composers contributing to the game’s soundtrack
– Goal is to release the game in Q1 2010
– No pricing info yet, but will cost around the same as the Final Fantasy/Pokemon WiiWare titles
– Grotesque Tactics probably won’t be the only Grotesque game
Thanks to Johannes for the news tip!
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 screenshots
Posted 9 years ago by Brian in News, Wii | 2 Comments
First Poke Park Wii: Pikachu’s Great Adventure direct-feed screenshots
We posted a scan yesterday which featured similar images, but now we have our first look of the game through direct-feed shots.
Media Create has published the latest official software sales figures from Japan. We’ve posted the results below.
1. [DS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver – 189,000 / 2,474,000
2. [WII] Wii Fit Plus – 152,000 / 492,000
3. [DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey – 97,000 / NEW
4. [DS] Inazuma Eleven 2 Fire/Blizzard – 95,000 / 376,000
5. [DS] Tomodachi Collection – 63,000 / 1,351,000
6. [PSP] Gran Turismo – 40,000 / 174,000
7. [WII] Wii Sports Resort – 24,000 / 1,277,000
8. [PSP] Macross Ultimate Frontier – 19,000 / 100,000
9. [DS] Love Plus – 19,000 / 122,000
10. [DS] Dragon Quest IX – 16,000 / 3,982,000
Genre: 2-D Puzzle/Adventure
Players: Single player only
Nintendo Wifi: None
In “Way Forward Technologies’ ” re-imagining of the NES original, you once again play as a young boy, who upon being awoke by an earth shaking crash; goes out to investigate. Upon investigating the source of the calamity, he finds the blob; puzzle-solving adventures ensue.
Rare doesn’t know why Donkey Kong 64 isn’t out on the Wii VC yet
Posted 9 years ago by Brian in News, Wii | 6 Comments
Almost all of Rare’s Donkey Kong console efforts have been released on the Virtual Console. However, even though we’re nearly three years into the Wii’s lifecycle, we still haven’t seen Donkey Kong 64. In their most recent Scribes mailbag update, Rare said that they aren’t sure why the game hasn’t appeared yet and also discussed whether Jetpac would show up in the VC edition.
“I have no idea why DK64 hasn’t shown up yet, and whether Jetpac would still be in there or they’d replace it with Mario’s Cement Factory (which ate about three years of my life as a child) or something. Or maybe a single-screen 2D shooty version of Jet Race would be more appropriate. Who knows? Not us, obviously, or we wouldn’t be sitting here pitching clueless alternatives.”
Club Nintendo Elite Status rewards being shipped out soon
Posted 9 years ago by Brian in General Nintendo, News | 2 Comments
The following is an email I received from Nintendo in regards to the Club Nintendo Elite Status reward, but I’m not sure if Doc Louis’s Punch-Out!! is actually going to be shipped in the mail.
“We wanted to let you know that we are preparing to begin shipping the 2009 Elite Status Rewards!
We had thousands of loyal Nintendo fans reach Elite Status last June and it is going to take us a couple of weeks to ship all the orders.
So, even though your friends or neighbors may receive their Reward before you do, please be assured that your order is being processed too!
You will receive another email when your reward order ships.
Thank you for your interest and excitement and we hope you enjoy your Club Nintendo Elite Status Reward.”
Thanks to Ross M for the news tip!