Capcom announces Mega Man Zero Collection for Nintendo DS
Posted 8 years ago by Brian in DS, News | 0 comments
A Collection of the Legendary Mega Man ZERO Titles Bundled Together For On-The-Go Action!
SAN MATEO, Calif — January 28, 2010 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the Mega Man® ZERO Collection is coming to Nintendo DS™. The Mega Man ZERO Collection is comprised of all four Mega Man ZERO titles bundled together. Having sold over 500 thousand units in North America, all four titles will be available on one DS cartridge for the first time at a great price. The portable Mega Man® fun will begin when the title arrives in early Summer 2010.
The first Mega Man ZERO game was released in 2002 on the GameBoy® Advance. It featured Zero, a popular Capcom character that was introduced in the Mega Man® X series. The Mega Man ZERO series follows Zero through a dark and thrilling 2D action-adventure with high-quality visuals and action. Users can expect to make use of Zero’s trademarks weapons like the Z-sabor and Buster Shot. There will also be interesting devices like the Chain Rod and Zero Knuckle. For the first time, the Mega Man ZERO series will be available for Nintendo DS™, complete with all-new modes.
– Comes with a 20-page 20-page book of art, which sketches from the developers
– A metal bullet branded with the Red Steel 2 logo
– 4 unique weapons
Thanks to Captain N for the news tip!
‘Brain Cadets’ to be released on European WiiWare next week
Posted 8 years ago by Brian in News, Wii | 0 comments
Attention! Brave brain training enthusiasts take on the Drill Sergeant in ‘Brain Cadets’
Rising Star Games announces its first ever WiiWare release that takes training your brain to another level
Thursday 28th January: Brain Cadets, one of the most entertaining brain training games for Wii, will be available to download for 1,000 Wii Points from Friday 5th February, courtesy of Rising Star Games.
Brain Cadets challenges gamers to complete a number of tests under the watchful eye of the toughest Drill Sergeant around, in the race to progress from lowly Private up to the prestigious roll of Field Marshall.
Nintendo Announces Financial Results for the Nine-Months Ending Dec. 31, 2009
On January 28, 2009 (Japan time), Nintendo Co., Ltd. reported financial results for the first three fiscal quarters and earnings for the period ending Dec. 31, 2009, and left unchanged prior forecasts for full year global sales and profits.
The nine month figures for net sales, operating income, ordinary income, and net income represented the third best corresponding performances in company history, but they all saw a decline from the results of the prior year. The net sales and operating income declines in comparison to the record-breaking previous year primarily stem from year-on-year decreases in Wii hardware and Nintendo DS software sales, a price cut for Wii hardware, and the significant impact of a stronger yen.
Wii (hw): 67.45m
Wii (sw) 509.66m
NDS (hw): 125.13m (of which 16.43m DSi, 0.70m DSiLL)
NDS (sw): 688.29m
01. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 111,000 / 3,117,000
02. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2 – 94,000 / NEW
03. [PSP] Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A’s Portable: The Battle of Aces – 76,000 / NEW
04. [PSP] Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep – 59,000 / 683,000
05. [DS] Tomodachi Collection – 45,000 / 2,696,000
06. [WII] Wii Fit Plus – 34,000 / 1,555,000
07. [WII] Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles – 23,000 / 96,000
08. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP the Best) – 16,000 / 102,000
09. [WII] Wii Sports Resort – 16,000 / 1,707,000
10. [DS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders – Fire / Blizzard – 14,000 / 1,047,000
11. [DS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
12. [DS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
13. [PSP] Tekken 6
14. [PSP] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires
15. [DS] New Super Mario Bros.
16. [DS] Last Window
17. [WII] Mario Kart Wii
18. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2
19. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
20. [WII] PokePark Wii: Pikachu’s Great Adventure
21. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
22. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2
23. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki
24. [DS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny
25. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII
26. [WII] Wii Sports
27. [PSP] Kentoushi: Gladiator Begins
28. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
29. [PS3] Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
30. [WII] Samurai Warriors 3
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars might have DLC fighters, but not just yet
Posted 8 years ago by Brian in News, Wii | 7 Comments
Adding in a character like Phoenix Wright to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars did not seem possible originally. However, it looks like there is a chance of it happening after all. Ryota Niitsuma, the producer of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, told Destructoid that the finger-pointing lawyer, in addition to Ingrid from Capcom Fighting Evolution, could make it into the game through downloadable content. According to Niitsuma, Nintendo would need to approve any DLC.
Don’t get too excited yet, though. Over on the Capcom-Unity forums, Senior Manager of Community Seth Killian indicated that there currently are no plans to release additional fighters. He did acknowledge, however, that “it is technically possible.”
“To answer the question, it has a lot to do with Nintendo, but it is technically possible. It is not something we’re planning at the moment, however.”
Thanks to 357 Lobster for the news tip!