Sakurai plays a bit of Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Posted 8 years ago by Brian in News, Wii | 7 Comments
Iwata: Nintendo not competing with iPod, cell phones
Posted 8 years ago by Brian in DS, General Nintendo, News | 4 Comments
This information comes from the latest edition of Iwata Asks for the DSi…
“Nintendo doesn’t have any intention of directly competing with existing products, but the mass media has a tendency to portray everything as a rivalry between opposing companies. It seems some people have the impression that we want to compete with cell phones or the iPod, that putting cameras or music players in our devices is out of character for us. I hope those who have such an impression will take an interest in what Nintendo can make when it dedicates itself to pleasing as many people as possible who pick up a DS, and I hope they’ll actually pick one up themselves.” – Satoru Iwata
MTV Games, Harmonix and EA announce Rock Band 2 coming to the UK for PS3, PS2, on March 27th and Wii on April 24th
Posted 8 years ago by Brian in News, Wii | 3 Comments
GUILDFORD, UK – February 27, 2009 – Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game development company, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), along with distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that its critically acclaimed music videogame Rock Band® 2 will begin shipping in Europe for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system beginning the week of 23rd March. Rock Band 2 will also ship for the Wii™ home video game console from Nintendo beginning week of 20th April.
Rock Band 2 software will retail for £49.99 on the PLAYSTATION 3, £29.99 for the PlayStation 2 and £39.99 for the Wii. Rock Band 2 is also currently available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system for £49.99.
Rock Band® instrument peripherals are also now available at new price points:
“It’s an interesting launch on DS. It raises some eyebrows in a lot of areas. It’ll be interesting to see how that sells.” – Sony’s John Koller
It’s pretty much a known fact that Chinatown Wars is a true, enjoyable GTA game. The only question is, how will it sell? If it does sell a respectable amount, perhaps that will show other companies that more mature titles can thrive on the DS.
– Actual name is Let’s Zenryoku Hitchhike!!!!!!!!! (Let’s Full Power Hitchhike!!!!!!!!!)
– Hitchhike your way to the goal
– Butcher is inexplicably after you and your family – Reach the goal before the butcher catches you
– Hitchhike from car to car
– Aim Wii remote at incoming cars, press a button to lock on
– Hold Wiimote vertically, follow on-screen persona movements – doing it successfully will cause cars to stop and pick you up
– Game set up like a board game
– Four-players can join in (choose from mom, dad, son, daughter)
– Hitchhike on cows, space shuttles, backs of flying robots, dinosaurs,
– Board thus far – Japan Area, Countryside Area, Dinosaur Area, and Space Area.
– Releasing March 31 for 1,000 Wii Points on WiiWare.
Metroid Prime comparison video: Wii vs. GameCube
Posted 8 years ago by Brian in GameCube, News, Wii | 6 Comments