Submit a news tip



top

The Switch’s main portable unit contains a port towards the bottom center of the device. Wondering what that’s for? According to a source speaking with Let’s Play Video Games as well as someone “close to the production of the reveal trailer”, that’s a USB-C port used to charge the handheld while away from the Switch Dock. However, due to its position, it won’t be possible to charge Switch when the kickstand is in use.

Early reports about Switch indicate that it doesn’t have the best battery life out there. By going from a proprietary charger standard to a high-capacity, non-proprietary cable Nintendo may be looking to improve things for gamers. This would allow for Switch to be quickly charged using a portable battery pack or a USB port.

Source

More:

Earlier today, Let’s Play Video Games reported that Switch would support microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128MB. The site now adds that Nintendo doesn’t intend to support hard drives as a means of expanding system shortage.

Apparently, Nintendo has some internal concerns that allowing users to attach large external drives to the Dock will cause players to see the system as less inherently portable. That would ultimately damage the company’s core branding of the system being a portable home console. Nintendo also wants players to have the option to disconnect the handheld from the Dock at any point without having to wait for games, save data, or other information to sync.

Nintendo’s way of going about it all is by only allowing data to be stored on the handheld. When you disconnect Switch from the Dock, all the same data is available to the player.

Source

More:

Eurogamer has published a new report with alleged information about Switch.

After contacting several sources, the site has learned that the screen is 6.2″ in size, has a 720p resolution, and features a capacitive multi-touch screen. This is in contrast to Wii U and 3DS which provide resistive touchscreens, reliant on pressure and less precise – not to mention single-touch. With Switch’s screen containing a 10-point multitouch display, multi-finger gestures are supported.

The big question is how touch works when Switch is docked. It may come down to the right JoyCon controller, which has a short-range IR sensor in its base. This may be used to point at the TV to replicate basic touchscreen functionality.

Laura Kate Dale previously claimed that Switch will have a multi-touch screen. Emily Rogers has also reported similar information.

Source

More:

Last week, Nintendo revealed Switch with a three-minute preview trailer. The company also just confirmed yesterday that a special event will be held on January 12 (January 13 in other parts of the world) as part of a proper blowout. Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima reiterated to Bloomberg of the initial video: “By no means was that everything”.

Nintendo’s stock started out strong following the announcement, but has taken a bit of a tumble since. Speaking about that, Kimishima said: “To tell you the truth, I was surprised. I don’t understand why.”

Kimishima also said the following about Switch:

Update: Added in a transcript of the “announcement” below.


Original: The Nobunaga’s Ambition series is coming to Switch. During a live stream on Niconico, Koei Tecmo’s Kou Shibusawa announced the news. We don’t have specifics at the moment, but the turn-based strategy franchise will be appearing on Nintendo’s new system in some fashion.

Today’s Pokemon Sun/Moon news update certainly didn’t disappoint. The Pokemon Company dished out details about new Pokemon, features, and more.

Here’s some art for today’s update:

And the full rundown:

BELLEVUE, WA—October 27, 2016—The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo showcased new information for the latest games in the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, coming to North America on November 18 and available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

The following new Pokémon have been revealed:

Even though Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon are hitting store shelves in less than a month, but we have another significant news update.

Here are today’s new trailers:

Quite a bit is shown in both videos. We’re finally able to see the final starter evolutions in action. Additionally, the trailers give us a look at Guardians, new Pokemon, and more.

This week’s North American Nintendo Downloads are as follows:

Wii U Retail

Just Dance 2017 – $49.99

Wii U Download

Demonic Karma Summoner – $3.00
Ectoplaza – $7.99
Solitaire – $4.99

Wii Retail for Wii U

Lost in Shadow – $19.99

Monster Hunter XX is in development for 3DS, Capcom announced today. The news was shared during the Monster Hunter Direct, which is currently in progress.

Monster Hunter XX will offer two new Hunting Styles with the Brave Style, along with another that will be shared later. Also included are G-Rank quests, a new main monster called Barufaruku, and a new Diablos variant. Prowlers will also be able to jump off monsters and more.

Data from Monster Hunter X, known in the west as Monster Hunter Generations, can be transferred to the new title. Those with save data from Monster Hunter Stories will receive a Nabiru Palico outfit.

Monster Hunter XX launches March 18 in Japan. View the game’s debut trailer below.

Source

Today’s Monster Hunter Direct will kicks off at 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET / 12 PM in the UK / 1 PM in Europe. We’ve embedded the live stream below, and it should begin in about an hour. When any major news is shared, we’ll have it right here on the site.


Manage Cookie Settings