The Japanese boxart for NBA 2K18 has just been revealed. The boxart basically looks the same as the North America boxart except the rating system is different on it. NBA 2K18 is set to release in Japan on September 19th later this year.
Splatoon 2 Hero Mode final boss and ending
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 13 Comments
Despite the fact that Splatoon 2 has not officially launched, the final boss and ending for the game’s Hero Mode is already online. If you plan on playing through the mode, we can’t really recommend giving is a look. Still, for those who are interested and want to get an early sneak peek, you can do so below.
More: Splatoon 2
Switch Parental Controls update rolling out (version 1.1) – play records per user and more
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 7 Comments
A new update for the Switch Parental Controls is going out. You should soon be able to download version 1.1 on iOS and Android.
When live, you’ll see a number of new additions, including play records for each individual user. Full patch notes are as follows:
– Daily and monthly game time per person
– Daily non-gaming time spent on the console
– Daily time spent with Parental Controls disabled
– Average play times per month
– Days played per month
More: title update
Pre-order savings at Walmart, Amazon
Update 3 (7/19): Everything that is currently discounted on Amazon is here. New additions include Sine Mora EX and Monster Hunter Stories. Games like Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have expired.
Update 2 (7/18): Amazon just price-matched the latest round of Walmart deals.
Update: Bumped to the top. Fire Emblem Warriors is back to normal price mostly, but more games have been discounted:
Original (7/17): Walmart has discounted a few game pre-orders on its website. Along with a couple of Switch titles, a trio of 3DS releases are on sale.
First up, Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch and Pokken Tournament DX are down to just below $44 each. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology is $33, while Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux and Culcept Revolt are $30 a piece.
Thus far Amazon has only price-matched the 3DS games. The prices for Radiant Historia, Shin Megami Tensei, and Culdcept Revolt are reflected here.
Lineup of locations for the Splatoon 2 event at GameStop this Saturday
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 10 Comments
We recently learned that GameStop locations will be hosting a special event for Splatoon 2 on Saturday. Nintendo’s website has since updated with the official details, including lineup of locations.
Those who try out Splatoon 2 will receive a free Splatoon 2 color changing cup while supplies last. Note that cup colors will vary.
GameStop’s event will be hosted between 12 PM and 3 PM local time. Find the full listing of locations below.
Tiny Barbarian DX boxart designed by Susumu Matsushita, retail copies to include full-color instruction manual
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Images, Switch | 8 Comments
Nicalis unveiled the boxart for Tiny Barbarian DX today. It’s made by artist and character designer Susumu Matsushita, who created cover art for hundreds of Famitsu issues. He’s also the creator of the Japanese magazine’s mascot Necky the Fox, who appeared as a playable character in Super Mario Maker as a downloadable costume. Matsushita previously worked on the packaging for games such as Motor Toon Grand Prix, Maximo, and Adventure Island.
Nicalis also announced today that at retail, Tiny Barbarian DX will come with a full-color instruction manual that includes a featurette on the making of the boxart. It covers “Matsushita’s creative process, details his preferred art supplies, shows photos of him working at his drawing table and even identifies the 1960s rock instrumental that he listened to while he created the cover”.
Tiny Barbarian DX is due out in Q4 2017. Pricing will be set at $29.99.
Source: Nicalis PR
Nintendo Switch Online requires you to have your phone screen on for voice chat at all times
Nintendo Switch Online was never going to be the most elegant voice chat option available. Without it being built into the console itself, the solution of chatting with others while playing games requires some effort. However, some sites like Eurogamer raise some concerns in particular.
Perhaps the most troublesome aspect here is that you’ll need to have your phone screen on to properly chat online. Without it, voice chat won’t remain connected. And that unfortunately means that it’ll eat up quite a bit of battery power on your phone.
R.B.I. Baseball 17 heading to Switch in September
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 23 Comments
Update: Boxart and some screenshots from the Switch version:
Original: Switch is getting its first baseball game very soon. Today, it was announced that a new version of R.B.I. Baseball 17 is coming to the console in September.
MLB says that R.B.I. Baseball 17 will be the first officially licensed professional sports game to be sold at retail outlets on Switch. The game features “unparalleled MLB action and features in new ways with the Switch’s myriad and unique controller options that supports gaming everywhere.”
Here’s a brief overview:
R.B.I. Baseball, which has long featured fast paced and fun gameplay, is a full nine-inning game in less than 20 minutes with easy-to-use controls. The game features Season, Postseason, Exhibition and Local Multiplayer, including season saving and simulation capabilities. All 30 MLB ballparks are rendered in stunning detail and teams feature the latest rosters in regular updates. Players can modify lineups with complete MLB rosters or classic rosters allowing them to play their games their ways.
R.B.I. Baseball 17 launches for Switch on September 5. We’ve included an older trailer below.
Source: MLB PR
Nights of Azure 2 details and screenshots – Malvasia’s second form, battle styles, locations, more
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 2 Comments
Gust issued a new media blast for Nights of Azure 2 today. The latest details and screenshots cover the demon Malvasia’s second form, battle styles, locations, and more. Everything is below, courtesy of Gematsu.
Malvasia, 2nd Form (voiced by Yui Shimamura)
– Malavasia’s 2nd Form wears a ring reminiscent of an angel’s halo
– Her body is clad in pure white wings
– During battle, she takes aim at Aluche with four weapons held in the four robust, floating arms that surround her
– Malvasia will try to corner Aluche using various methods
– Combining Lilies and Servans, equippable items, and Aluche’s method of fighting make for an infinite variety of battle styles
– Discover a method of fighting that matches your own play style, change up how you fight for each stage and boss, and find a battle style all your own
Always on the front lines! Aluche’s Assault Style
– An offensive style in which Aluche aggressively battles using “Striker” weapons
– With great swords, lances, pile bunkers, and so on, Aluche can mow down enemies with an attack range and level of damage that surpasses her blood sword
– Depending on the skills you have acquired and items you equip that strengthen your SATK, the Striker’s firepower may further increase
– Aluche’s attack power increases with the transformed “Striker”
– Since there is an abundant variety of weapon types, you can take on fiends with your favorite Servan weapon
Fight hand in hand! Aluche’s Lily Cooperation Style
– A style that mainly consists of cooperative Lily skills, Double Chases, and Lily Bursts
– Not only can your Lily level up, their equippable items and abilities can also increase, so the max value of their overall firepower is high
– Ruenheid can deal damage to numerous enemies in a single blow with her wide-range attacks
– Veruschka can easily cooperate with Aluche using her close-range attacks, taking no breaks in striking enemies
Blood sword only! Advantage from Disadvantage Style
– A style in which players only use Aluche’s blood sword to cut through to the path ahead
– When your HP is low, your attack power increases, you can freely use abilities and items that have effects, and can unleash tremendous firepower that goes beyond the normal limit
– Since it is a fighting state in which your HP is always low, you will need the ability to predict and guard against the enemy’s attacks to use this style
– Eleanor can make chocolate that will restore Aluche’s physical strength, and supports her in the area of slowing down enemies
– With Muveil, who has the skill of stopping enemies in their tracks and an attraction ability, you can fight while dividing up the enemy load
– Arnice is powerful in both Double Chases and Lily Bursts
– Arnice is a good fit for the “Cooperative Style” as she can handle attacks, enemy obstruction, and recovery all on her own
– Aluche and company will make their way through the world of Nights of Azure 2
– They will find places with traces that people lived there, as well as several natural landforms
– Most places are dominated by fiends, and give off the feeling of a ruined atmosphere, such as a collapsed wall or thick forest
Yuralm, the Abolished Capital
– The abandoned capital city
– Approximately four years prior to the beginning of the game, along with a sudden increase in fiends surrounding the city, the city underwent a transition and the people migrated to a new capital
– This is Aluche, Liliana, and Ruenheid’s hometown
– A gloomy forest full of trees
– The small lights of fireflies sometimes hang in the air
– There are flower beds quietly blooming in some places
– Although buildings that appear to be those of small town can be seen, the increase in fiends have left not even the shadow of a person
– There is a river in the forest, as well as various fiends such as bees and wolfs
– The Hidden Mine is located in the mountains near Yuralm
– There is equipment in place that was used to excavate ores and transport them to Yuralm, but the mine has since fallen silent
– The fiends seem to increase in number the further inside you go
Espheria Royal Academy
– The academy once attended by Aluche, Liliana, and Ruenheid
– After the city’s transition, the school was closed as it was not expected to receive new students
– It is divided into west and east buildings, and there is also a large library and chapel in the school
– A beautiful place called “Starfall Hill” is located nearby
Frozen Moon Palace
– A towering palace that stands upon frozen land
– Dark, purple clouds hang in the sky above the palace, and a rotting ship is docked in the waters beside it
– It gives off an unseemly atmosphere for this world
– A hotel in Yuralm, the Abolished Capital
– Camilla, the manager, is in charge
– Kaede, a Servan, assists in her duties
– It has facilities such as a pool and church, and a high-class feeling about it
– In the lobby, you can sip on the chocolate drinks of the chocolatier who works there
– By transforming their bodies into weapons, Striker-type Servans can lend their power to Aluche
– Weapon types and attack methods are different for each Servan
– Each one’s abilities will prove to be reliable support for Aluche
Eir, the Phoenix Servan
– Eir usually fights by aiming at enemies from the sky
– When transformed into a Great Sword, it has even greater power
– With its fire attribute you can expect great firepower
Pitz, the Bee Servan
– When Pitz transforms into a Partisan, it has a wide range of attack, allowing for evasive and long-distance attacks
– In a regular battle, it will beat up on enemies with its speedy movement
Grantz, the Crystal Golem Servan
– Crystal Sword: while it lacks speed, it has high attack firepower and can inflict the enemy with the freeze status ailment.
Alice, the Doll Servan
– Alice can transform into a Mirror Shield that can defend against any attack
– By charging, the Mirror Shield can fire a beam
Dump, the Machine Golem Servan
– Pile Bunker has the highest single firepower, but the lowest attack and movement speed
– However, with its ability to inflict the paralysis status ailment and super armor that is difficult to push back, you should not worry about an enemy counterattack
Duul, the Lizardman Servan
– Duul transforms into a heavyweight lance
– With its high single firepower and attack speed, it is number one in damage dealt per second
– Its attack scope and range, on the other hand, are not that great
– A Tricker-type Servan whose body is half-fossilized
– In battle, it supports Aluche with speedy movement and high attack power
– Since it is the fossilization of an ancient creature, it is worried about the generation gap it has with others
– A Striker-type servan and golem whose body is made of crystal
– It is confident in its own beauty and worried about scarring its body
– When it transforms and becomes the Crystal Sword, it also shines beautifully
Ahead of its official release on Friday, Nintendo has published a launch trailer for Splatoon 2. You can see it below.