Cave Story+ E3 2017 Twitch stream footage
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 0 comments
Cave Story+ was the final Nicalis game featured during Twitch’s E3 2017 live stream. Check out the recording in full below.
Limited Run Games unable to produce physical Switch game printings for now, hoping for 2018
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 4 Comments
Back in March, Limited Run Games spoke about wanting to put out its first Switch games this summer. Unfortunately, the company has hit a major snag, and that is unlikely to happen.
On Twitter, Limited Run Games that Nintendo “halted bringing us on board so that they can focus on publishers doing bigger print runs.” It’s definitely disappointing to hear, but on the bright side, it doesn’t appear to be a permanent restriction. Limited Run Games is now looking to begin producing physical copies of games for small developers and publishers on Switch in 2018.
Hopefully we'll be on Switch by 2018.
— Limited Run Games (@LimitedRunGames) June 10, 2017
Dragon Quest XI details and screenshots – Silvia, Samadhi Kingdom
Square Enix updated the official Dragon Quest XI website with new content pertaining to two specific aspects: the character Silvia and Samadhi Kingdom. Gematsu has the translated details and screenshots, which we’ve rounded up below.
– Traveling entertainer
– Lives a freewheeling life
– Always cheerful and positive
– Is the mood maker of the party
– He uses various weapons and skills that utilize the acrobatics he cultivated as a traveling entertainer
– His dream is to make people around the world smile through his own performances
– Silvia uses his versatility as a traveling entertainer
– Can equip one-handed swords, daggers, and whips, allowing him to change how he fights depending on the situation
– Can learn many spells and special skills that support his allies in various situations, making him as both an attacker and supporter
– Whip Weapon Special Skill: “Whip of Love”
– Dagger Weapon Special Skill: “Viper Fang”
– Silvia Spell: “Oomph”
– One-Handed Sword Weapon Special Skill: “Miracle Sword”
– Acrobatic Special Skill: “Killer Juggling”
– Feminine Special Skill: “Hustle Dance”
Samadhi Kingdom, the Country of Knights
– A kingdom that reigns over the desert
– Known as a historic country that values its chivalry, where many knights push themselves in training day in and day out in the castle
– Above all, it is common gossip that this country’s young prince is an exceptional knight
– In the town around the castle, there is a circus performance, horse races, and many people hustling and bustling about
– Inside the castle, which is built like a temple, many knights push themselves in training, and in the town around the castle, a large crowd can be seen around the circus tent
New fighter Blade Strangers coming to Switch – characters from Code of Princess, Cave Story, Kawase
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 40 Comments
Update: Some additional details and footage:
– Mission Mode, Versus Mode, Training Mode, and Online Mode
– Mixes dynamic and speed of Guilty Gear and Street Fighter and easy inputs of Smash Bros.
– Characters were made as 3D models, and turned into 2D sprites
– Story Mode will have cut-scenes, characters clashing, etc.
– Story Mode is sort of like a traditional arcade mode
– Mission Mode has you taking on specific tasks
– Training Mode lets you practice with a dummy
– Announcing more characters later
– Stages from the actual games
– Will get updates after release
Studio Saizensen is working on a brand new fighter for Switch in addition to the PlayStation 4 and PC (plus arcades in Japan). Today, publisher Nicalis unveiled Blade Strangers during Twitch’s official E3 live stream.
Studio Saizensen developed the 3DS game Code of Princess a few years back. Characters from that title are included here, along with several others. Curly from Cave Story and Kawase from the Umihara Kawase series (Yumi’s Odd Odyssey) are also in.
We’ll have more details and first footage shortly.
Famitsu’s most wanted games (6/11/17)
It’s time for the latest Famitsu‘s most wanted games chart. There’s not much movement within the top five, but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has moved up several spots this week.
Head past the break for the full chart. All votes were cast between May 25 and May 31.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – E3 2017 Twitch stream footage
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 2 Comments
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was shown off during Twitch’s E3 2017 live stream a short while ago. Take a look at the recording below.
Reggie on YouTube Live at E3 – full segment
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime stopped by YouTube Live at E3 to chat about the company’s activities at E3, and also battled Geoff Keighley in ARMS. We have the full recording below.
May 2017 NPD: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was the best-selling single SKU
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 8 Comments
NPD will be announcing the official results for U.S. sales for the month of May in about a week. However, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime offered up an early key stat.
During his appearance on YouTube Live at E3, Reggie revealed that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was the best-selling single SKU. We should have more information about the game’s sales and Nintendo’s overall performance on June 19.
Reggie confirms Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 will be 25 minutes, breaking more news during Treehouse Live’s first hour
Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 will be 25 minutes long, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed during a segment for YouTube Live at E3. He teased that there will be “a number of reveals, a number of first looks.” On top of that, within the first hour of Treehouse Live, Nintendo will be breaking more news.
The purpose of Nintendo Spotlight is meant to be “fast” and “to the point” while highlighting “a number of key games.” Super Mario Odyssey will be a big part of it as expected.
The big N’s E3 activities won’t be all about Switch. Reggie promised that 3DS will be getting a lot of love as well.
Minecraft getting cross-play – Switch owners can play with Xbox One users and more
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 22 Comments
Update: As part of today’s news, Minecraft Realms will indeed be coming to Switch this summer. Cross-play is in August.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) June 11, 2017
Original: Cross-play is coming to Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition, Mojang and 4J Studios announced today.
The Switch edition, along with the versions of Minecraft for VR, Windows 10, Pocket Edition, Android, iOS, and Xbox One, will be powered by reconfigured infrastructure called the “Bedrock Engine”. This is what will make cross-play possible. Those on Switch will be able to play with Xbox One players, for example. Note that there are no plans to support older consoles, including Wii U.
Right now Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition doesn’t support voice chat. However, players can communicate through text.